Rosemary Berkel and Harry L. Crisp Museum
518 South Fountain Street
Cape Girardeau, MO
The Crisp Museum is part of the Earl and Margie Holland School of Visual and Performing Arts at the beautiful River Campus. It includes both an art gallery and a museum of archeological and historical artifacts and exhibits. From May 19 - August 15 it is open Tuesday - Friday, 10:00 am - 4:00 pm, and during the school year from 10:00 am - 5:00 pm. Weekend open from 1 pm – 4 pm. Closed during major holidays. Visit the museum website below for a schedule of exhibitions and education related events.
The Crisp Museum provides the university and area communities with opportunities to:
- Expand understanding of the fine arts
- Deepen knowledge of contemporary and historic cultures
- Enrich perceptions of the complex and essential relationships between humans and their material cultures
- Promote appreciation of the contributions of diverse peoples, cultures, and historic periods
- Engage in experiential learning and thereby realize increased self-understanding and knowledge.
The Crisp Museum serves as a repository for significant historical and cultural objects of regional and national importance. In this capacity the museum house, preserve, exhibit, interpret, augment, and refine its collections of art, historical objects, and archaeological artifacts.